Thursday 19 July 2012

Repress HQ Order

Got my big RevHQ order on Friday last week. I originally ordered some records which were showing as pre-orders. Then the Chain T-shirt / poster thing happened, so I placed another order for that. Then the YOT reissue LPs appeared, and then the Quicksand 7" on green. So I decided that placing a third order seemed stupid. So I emailed and asked to add to my existing orders and have everything sent at one go. Emails went back and forth and it took weeks to resolve. But eventually it arrived safely in a giant box.

When opened, I found a lot of these polystyrene packing beads:

And underneath was another, smaller box:

Which, when opened, was found to contain more polystyrene packing beads:

In the end the pile of records probably accounted for about a quarter of the space in the big box. The rest was polystyrene. Pretty funny.

Anyway, this order contained the latest repressings of some of Rev's classics. Being a Rev nut I needed to buy these things yet again.

In case you're not sure of what's what from the picture, here's a list:

Youth of Today 'Break Down The Walls' LP on Red

Youth of Today 'We're Not In This Alone' LP on white

Sensefield 'Killed For Less' LP on green

In My Eyes 'The Difference Between' LP on purple

In My Eyes 'Nothing To Hide' LP on green

Ignite 'Call On My Brothers' LP on orange

Into Another 'S/T' LP on gold

Farside 'Rigged' LP on red

Kiss It Goodbye 'She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not' LP on white

Quicksand 'S/T' 7" on green

And finally, at the front is the one exception - the one that isn't a repress, but a new release (of old songs) - the Rev 25 LP, on blue.

7 comments:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Wow, now that's an order. What are you gonna do with all that lovely free polystyrene?

Across Your Face said...

The Rev Repress "Official Unboxing", Love it!

geoff said...

its about time you got these up. i was starting to get worried. haha.

Coregasm said...

I snagged quite a few of those myself. Any idea what the pessing info is on the Quicksand on green? I was filing it away last night and I generally like to list it with the pressing info for quick reference but couldn't find any on the Rev website.

Mike said...

Have you placed another order for CCME on clear? ha!

mcs said...

I think the Quicksand on green is out of 500. Not 100% sure though.

hows yr edge said...

Are those records all dinged in the corner or am I crazy? Seems weird considering how many peanuts were added.