Thursday 9 August 2012

Deadly Visions Test

Only a couple of weeks ago, fellow blogger J over at Screaming For Records posted up a copy of an Internal Affairs 7". 'Deadly Visions' was the band's second 7" on Malfunction Records and was originally released in 2007. I have a good few Internal Affairs records, but somehow I never picked up a single copy of this 7". What I do remember, however, is that probably two or three years ago I won a copy of it on eBay, but somehow I never ended up getting it. I didn't get ripped off. It was just that I never ended up paying for it. Good job buyers can't get negative feedback else I would have been screwed. Ha!

Well anyhow, a couple of months ago I was surfing eBay and I saw an Internal Affairs 7" test press which was only about two minutes away from ending. So I sat and watched the clock tick, then put in a last second bid, and I was pleased to win it for a pretty low price. It took the seller over a month to mail it out, but eventually it arrived in good shape.

Interestingly, I decided to google this 7" to see if anyone had any cool photos of a full collection, as I don't know how many variations of it even exist. What I found was interesting to say the least. On this weird site (which seems to be some kind of poor man's Vinyl Noize) I found a post about this very same copy that I now own, number 2 of 15. It would appear that this sold on eBay a couple of years ago for $41. I imagine the seller must have been overjoyed at having to pack it up and mail it to me for the paltry sum of $11.50. Ouch.

1 comment:

J@screamingforrecords said...

That's a sweet looking test press. I guess internal affairs stuff just don't sell for much, as I found out with 7" I bought.