Sunday 21 October 2012

The Most Record Release

Picked up another addition to the Revelation collection recently. This is the record release show version of the second Down To Nothing LP, 'The Most'. Seems kinda weird to me that this LP came out 5 years ago. I remember buying a copy of it in a store when it came out... and then tracking down other colour variants over the months that followed. But I struggle to believe this was 5 years. Wow.

Anyway, I wrote about one of these recently on Vinyl Noize. I said that the cover looks like a bad tattoo.

As is so often the case with record release versions, the 'sleeve' is just a wraparound piece of card.

It's also numbered out of 50. How bad does this look though? I mean, they created a huge '/50' but then numbered in hand writing which is about 20% the size. And in a different colour. Looks stupid.

I’m guessing that the band made the sleeves themselves, which is how come Rev doesn’t seem to know it exists, as it isn’t even listed on the Revelation discography. And even though it ain't the prettiest record, it's a nice one to have.

No comments: