Sunday 14 April 2013

Creative Eclipses Test

Prior to this year I had only ever seen one Cave In test press in my life. But since 2013 rolled around I have managed to pick up seven of the damn things. This here is my seventh, which is a test of the 'Creative Eclipses' 7" that Hydrahead released in, I think, 1999. This came after 'Until Your Heart Stops' and was a hint at the change of the direction the band were taking. A year or so later and 'Jupiter' dropped and left a lot of people confused. I do like this record a lot. I just wish there were more of it.

This doesn't come with a cover, but has a piece of card with a Cave In sticker on it. It also includes what I think is the CD insert.

I was pretty lucky with this. I saw one sell a few weeks before this appeared on eBay. I got outbid and it went for about $120. This one then appeared as part of the collection of Matt Pike that Dave from Six Feet Under was selling. I had my eye on it from the start of the auctions, and ended up getting it for about half of what the previous one had sold for a couple of weeks before. Always nice when you get something you really want for what feels like a good deal.

My test press count for the year is now 21.

No comments: