Monday 11 November 2013

Power Trip Tour 7" (Kind Of)

So I went to see Power Trip last week in London. They played with Bane at the Underworld. I got their Lockin’ Out 7” a year or so ago and I really enjoyed it. I mean, I loved the second Iron Age LP, and in my mind Power Trip sound pretty much the same. The funny thing is, I remember that when I bought the first press of the Lockin’ Out 7”, a second press had just surfaced. I remember this because I remember saying that I didn’t feel that I needed to own a second copy of this 7”. Yet when I found myself stood at the merch table last week after just having watched the band play, my eyes were drawn to the 7” on the table in front of me. If I’m honest, I think it’s mainly because it has a different cover. The artwork is the same, but the colours are reversed (what was black is now white and vice versa) which was enough to make it interesting to me and decide to part with my £5 note.

I’m pretty sure I have also seen the second press red vinyl in black ink on white sleeve colour scheme, so not sure whether this inverse cover is more or less limited.

I was pretty lucky to get this. I asked for one and the dude gave me one with a crease across the corner of the sleeve. I asked for a different one that wasn’t creased, and he told me the only other copy that they had left was the one on the table, so I took that instead. As you can see in the photo above, the front cover is slightly scuffed, but I'm not too fussed. Anyhow, about two seconds after I paid, some other kid bought the final copy (the creased one that I rejected), meaning they were then sold out.

I filmed the first song of their set. I uploaded it so that anyone interested could check it out. Enjoy…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The red vinyl with black cover is the 3rd press. /500

mcs said...

Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

They actually still sold copies on their last European date. They found some copies without a cover. At least 3 copies with handmade covers exist, maybe more?