Monday 18 August 2014

Wasted Years

I picked up the latest (i.e. the third) album by OFF! recently. I ordered 'Wasted Years' immediately when it went up for pre-order, not wanting to miss out on the coloured vinyl copies. As the sticker on the shrinkwrap says, this comes on 'limited' red vinyl. I've seen a lot of these on eBay, and I must say that I don't ever recall seeing a black one... which may be something to do with the fact that there are 'only' 2,000 red vinyl copies out there.

I have to be honest, when this finally showed up I was hardly wetting myself with excitement. It looks just like their previous records, and I was pretty confident that I knew exactly what it was going to sound like too.

I was super stoked on this band when they first appeared on the scene, but I think the novelty is starting to wear off a little, for me anyway. I have listened to this album about 4 or 5 times, and I do enjoy it when it's playing. But the problem is that I don't feel myself drawn to playing it too often. I had the same problem with the last album, which I probably played about three times. All in all I think it's because I have their first album, and if you've heard one you've heard 'em all. Sorry.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm actually quite surprised at how much I'm enjoying this new OFF! album. In fact, I like it a lot more than the last one. How can that be, since the sound and style is the same across all songs? I don't know. All I know is that Wasted Years is one of my favorite hardcore albums for the year...but then again, that might be because I haven't listened to much hardcore...