Thursday 6 November 2014

Shoot Guns, Eat Pussy IV

I said it last week and I'll say it again - sometimes you feel compelled to buy something that isn't on your want list just because it's cheap. Today's example is a Half Off 'Shoot Guns, Eat Pussy' 7" on clear vinyl. I paid about the same price as a cup of coffee for this one.

I don't even think this is a particularly good 7" to be honest. It's just that I had three other colours, so figured a cheap fourth copy would do no harm. Plus I figured it would make for a cool photo. So here it is:

As you can see, the red, grey (which looks white in this photo, but is definitely grey) and clear vinyl copies come in a sleeve with red lettering. The gold vinyl comes in a sleeve with yellow lettering. I have no idea what the pressing info is for this one, nor do I have any idea which is rarest. Not sure anyone does to be honest. But I think I prefer the gold vinyl copy most of all just because it's different to the others. That's as good a reason as any I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you own four copies of a record you don't even like?

YOU NEED HELP

mcs said...

I said i didn't think it was particularly good. That's different to saying that I don't like it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't own it at all. I like the Half Off LP, but think the 7" is inferior musically, the production isn't great, and I don't see the point of the Bad Brains cover. But it's interesting in a different way. The title, the cover, the two original songs. It's ok. But hardly one of the greats of the era.

Anonymous said...

I always liked this record from the week it came out to now, but to say "I don't even think this is a particularly good 7"", which means "bad", right? "not good" does not mean good. Why own 4 damn copies?

mcs said...

Read the comment above.