Tuesday 30 December 2014

Electric Flower Circus

So it would seem that there is just time for one last post in 2014 before the clock resets and it all starts again.

Just like the Supertouch live LP that I posted a few days ago, this post has taken me a lot longer to get around to than it should have due to the difficulty of getting some half decent pictures. Lack of light is a constant issue at this time of year. In the end I had to use a different background just to get this post done.

When Give put their 'Electric Flower Circus' LP up for pre-order a couple of months ago, I messed up. I imssed out on the colour vinyl copies, which sold out in a day or so. But then it was announced that a European label was also releasing it, so I made sure to get on the case quicksmart. Adagio 830 was extremely efficient and had these things mailed out to people across the world within two weeks.

The cool thing about this European press is that it has a different cover to the US version. I love this cover. So simple, yet looks so good. There were 100 copies on green and 400 on black. I got the green. It's pretty dark and I struggled to get it to show up in the pics.

I grabbed a second copy of this one for trade purposes as the US colour vinyl was sold out. If anyone gets an extra US copy and wants to trade for one of these then get in touch.

3 comments:

Michel said...

Such a great album! I like this cover too in it's simplicity, but have you seen the US cover? That one looks amazing.

Unknown said...

Hey, man just wanted to let you know that somehow Deathwish Inc. has some of the Green /300 copies of the U.S. pressing in their webstore. They just got put up and I guess people haven't really noticed because I saw one of them go for $36 on eBay not too long ago. Thought I'd let you know!

mcs said...

Hey Ryan, thanks very much for letting me know about this! I managed to grab one. Very much appreciated, and will definitely save me some money trying to grab one from ebay or discogs. Thank you!!