Sunday 14 December 2014

White Lights

Back in 2010 I picked up a couple of records by a band called Frontier(s). The main attraction was that it was Chris Higdon's new band. Dude used to sing in Falling Foward and Elliott, both of which I loved when they were active, so when I heard he had a new band I was keen to check it out. I ended up going to see them play in London in early 2011 too. They were a great find back then, although I probably haven't listened to them at all in the last three years if I'm honest. However, when I heard they had a new record coming out, I was keen to check it out, as I had assumed that three years of silence meant that they had broken up.

The new record is a 5 song ep called 'White Lights', and was released in Summer this year on a label called Tiny Engines. Unfortunately, it now appears to be completely sold out. I picked up a grey vinyl copy, of which there are 150 copies.

This release continues where they left off previously. I said before that this band sounds halfway between Elliott and Falling Forward, and I stand by that. I don't listen to much stuff like this these days, and because of that I've been enjoying this. It gives me a nice break from the stuff at the heavier end of the spectrum.

No comments: