Sunday 1 March 2015

I Am Live II

The day after my birthday this year, I woke up to an email from a friend letting me know that there was a new, red vinyl pressing of the Give 'I Am Live' 7" available to order. However, at the point I woke up, the email was already over 7 hours old, and it mentioned that there were only 45 copies in existence. I therefore assumed that when I followed the link to the Photobooth Records store, that it would already be sold out. I mean, Give are pretty hot right now. The US pressing of their LP sold out insanely quickly, so I figured 7 hours would be more than enough for 45 Give fans to add a 7" to their carts and check out. Fortunately, I was wrong and I was able to place an order.

After I successfully placed an order, I could relax. I then did my bit to help my fellow nerds out, so I emailed the link out to people who I thought would appreciate it. I think that they all managed to get one too. I'm not sure how long the records were in stock for, but it was cool how this came about and that a circle of record nerds were able to help each other out. Go nerds!

No comments: