Sunday 10 May 2015

Electric Flower Circus II

Right at the end of last year I posted up the debut full length from Give, 'Electric Flower Circus', pressed on a European label called Adagio 830 Records. The US pressing had completely sold out at pre-order stage, leaving me the option of either eBay or Discogs to pick up the US colour vinyl that I so badly wanted. Or so I thought... but then once again, a kind soul reached out and helped me. Some guy commented on here to let me know that the US green vinyl copies were for sale in the Deathwish Inc. online store, so I quickly grabbed a couple of copies before other fools could block me.

Green vinyl was the mailorder colour out of 300 copies. Initially this was supposed to be the record release colour, with pink vinyl being the mailorder colour, but the colours got pressed the wrong way round, with pink then being used as the record release version.

Black vinyl was out of 600 copies.

I love the artwork for this thing. It shows the band members all painted head to toe in green with flowers on top. Talk about dedication to your art...

I struggled to get into this record at first. Not sure if it just takes more time to get into than their previous releases, or whether I was just getting bored of listening to Give, but I wasn't digging it. Then a couple of week ago I was playing it whilst painting the walls, and it suddenly clicked. Right now I'm loving it. I don't think I have even seen a picture of a pink copy, but damnit, I badly need to find one. If anyone can give me a lead on one it would be greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

chris said...

I'm also trying to hunt down a pink copy. A little frustrating that none of them have popped up anywhere.

mcs said...

I've only seen one picture of one too, Chris. It almost feels like it doesn't exist.

Unknown said...

Glad that you were able to grab them! I wasn't sure you saw my comment or not haha

mcs said...

I think I replied to your comment, Ryan. But yeah, thanks. Greatly appreciated!

Unknown said...

Haha sorry, man! I guess I just never checked back and thought I would've gotten some sort of notification, but doesn't really matter now. Still, glad you got them!