Wednesday 13 May 2015

Fire!

So I finally got the second Boston Strangler LP, and boy, what a let down. As is often the case with these things, this second LP seemed to draw far less attention than the first. I guess it's difficult to keep that level of hype going for too long. Or perhaps the world was expecting the attention and excitement this time around, so the label pressed a lot more copies, meaning that (shock, horror) the record was freely available for anyone who wants one.

Whatever the reason, it seems that this thing didn't manage to send the world, eBay and Discogs crazy. It seems easy to get, but I'm not sure if that's because there are lots of copies out there, or just because it's not overly exciting. At least the first one kinda sounded new and exciting. This just sounds like the same record again. Sorry to say I feel no interest for this at all. Perhaps the title is a suggestion of where I should chuck it?

2 comments:

chris said...

I listened to the first lp non-stop. This one I listened to a couple of time and is now stuck on a shelf.

mcs said...

I reckon everyone else thinks the same, Chris. Other than the initial preorder excitement, I haven't detected too much fuss over this one.