Tuesday 28 July 2015

Something Less

Did you ever end up with a record and wonder how on earth it happened? Well, I spotted someone selling a gold vinyl copy of the first Comeback Kid LP a while ago, which was the first press out of 100 copies. There are literally about 20 different versions of this LP out there, and I have no intention of collecting them, but way back when I decided to add the three first press colours (gold, white and red) to my want list. And they have stayed on there ever since. So I kinda decided to bag the gold one and then forget about the rest. Well, that was the plan, but somehow I ended up bidding on the gold copy and not winning it. So, feeling disappointed, I decided to go for the white copy that the same seller was also selling, which I did end up winning. This was, I believe, out of 200 copies.

After that, however, I started looking at what else the seller had and spotted another copy of the same record which was giong fairly cheap. I had no real intention of buying it, but figured that I would place a low-ish bid and be happy if I ended up winning. Well, wouldn't you know it I ended up winning it, but immediately felt the opposite of happy. I felt like an idiot who had been fished in to buying something that I had no intention of buying. Oops!

So now I'm not sure what to do. I'm gonna keep the white one, but not sure I want this other one. Oh, and I also have one on grey vinyl that I've owned for years. If you may be interested in either then get in touch.

9 comments:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

I'll gladly take that blood splatter. I'll send you an email later.

Jeff said...

Oh Marcus... don't be silly. These "blood splatter" versions came with or without labels. The way I see it, you need them both now. Ha!

Nico said...

I both the package of 4 LP's when it came out, both two or three tour copies during their first European and second and third USA tours. I think I sold them all except for the gold one, who I still have and play everyonce in a while.

geoff said...

you should just keep them, its great record.

Anonymous said...

first world problems!

Unknown said...

the blood splatter version already gone?

mcs said...

It's still here.

Unknown said...

How much would you like to part ways with the splatter version? :) I'm a follower from Malaysia btw, your posts are very interesting and insightful.

mcs said...

I'd want £25 / $40. Email me if you want it. Address is in my profile. Thanks!