Friday 25 September 2015

Horns Lay Silent

Here's another 7" that has been on my wants list for a while. Admiral's first 7" on Soul Force Records. This came out in 1990 and this is the first time that I have either owned or heard it. Yup... there's nothing like being up to date... and I'm nothing like up to date.

In all honesty I mainly wanted this because it's on Soul Force Records. The label that released some great records at the tail end of the 80s, and I had always wanted to pick up this 7" after passing on one YEARS ago for £2 because I didn't know the band and I didn't like the look of the cover. Little did I know that it would take me half my life to finally get around to picking one up.

It's kinda funny listening to something for the first time 25 years after it came out. Especially when I could have listened to it at any time via the magic of the internet. But I have this weird rule that I'm not allowed to listen to something until I own the record. Even though, when I get the record, I don't play it, but download the songs from the internet. What a fool.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm assuming that you had their second record already. Must be cool to hear this for the first time this far down the road...

gjhead said...

Great band. Both of their 7" are good listening. Drummer is Will Mecum of Karma to Burn fame now.