Wednesday 28 October 2015

Just As Strong

It was three years ago that Stick Together dropped their 'Surviving The Times' 7", which itself was two years after their debut 7". It would seem fair to say, therefore, that these dudes are not exactly fast workers. This may be due to the fact that the dudes in this band have other stuff going on, such as some band called Title Fight for example. Anyway, here we are in 2015 and they have just released their debut LP on Triple B Records.

Triple B put this out on three colours of vinyl - clear, blue and black. I decided to pick up only one, as I'm starting to get annoyed with myself for always buying all available colours of all new releases. So I simply picked the most limited, which was clear (out of 200).

I've enjoyed this LP a lot recently. Just like the last 7", this has been a bit of a slow burner. It doesn't hit straight away, and it isn't exactly HARDcore, but it has subtle hooks which sink in and start tugging a little more with each listen. This is a really good record, but I really hope we don't have to wait 2-3 years for the next one.

No comments: