Sunday 15 November 2015

Find Your Way

Dave from Six Feet Under sold a huge bunch of stuff on eBay a couple of months ago. There were loads of rare pressings of most of his releases all listed at the same time. Quite often these huge sales can mean that a couple of smaller items don't get as much attention as they otherwise might as everyone clambers to grab the big, rare pieces. So I often watch some bits that I think other people won't be too interested in.

Case in point, the Alert 'Find Your Way' 7". I really like this 7", but only ended up with the most common version when it was released. I figured that not many people would remember this band now, so made a play for a test press and won it for a pretty reasonable price.

Well, once I'd won the test, I figured that I may as well also try to grab the other copies. I mean, when you have the rarest and the most common versions of a record, then you're at a halfway point, but with the hard work out of the way it kinda makes sense to finish the puzzle. So I then decided to bid on the other versions.

Solid purple was the colour given to pre-orders, with 105 copies made.

And there was also a limited cover version made for Sound & Fury back in 2011. I didn't win this one, but fortunately got sent a second chance offer.

So a pretty cool way to grab an instant collection. That said, I did manage to miss out on the record release version, so technically I didn't quite grab an instant collection, and am missing one version. On the positive side, however, at least it gives me something to aim for.

No comments: