Thursday 3 December 2015

Every Day I'm Hustlin'

Generally in life I am a very disciplined person. I don't drink, don't smoke, exercise regularly, and only allow myself some foods that I like once a week. I make sure to eat fruit and vegetables, cut out sugar wherever possible, walk up the stairs at work, drink water regularly, blah blah blah. You get the picture. However, other areas of my life can be the opposite, and music is one. At times I am a total addict.

A couple of weeks ago Mike posted about the new Gentleman's Pistols LP 'Hustler's Row'. It came out last month and is their third LP. Funnily enough, I turned him onto the band in the first place, never got around to picking up their second LP at all, so when I realised there was a third LP I was a little 'meh'. I kinda figured that this was not really a sound that interested me anymore, and in my mind filed this band under 'old news'. Still, I figured it only worth giving them a chance, so I downloaded the album. The next day I was at work, in an office on my own, and decided to play it. I then ended up playing through four times in a row. Then I played it on the train on the way home. Then again once I got home. Holy crap, six plays in a row. And the next day, as soon as I woke up, I wanted to hear it again. I then realised I needed to own a copy before the limited white vinyl sold out.

Apparently the label usually press 800 colours of each release, but for this LP there is only one limited colour, being white. The rest are black. There are 300 white and god knows how many black. Kinda reminds me a bit of the olden days.

Well, my addiction lasted a full two weeks, during which time I listened to nothing else. I've just come out of it and have listened to other stuff this week as well. Whether I keep playing this over the next few months will remain to be seen, but for now I'm so stoked to have this band back in my life. This isn't my usual cup of tea, but man, you can't deny how damn catchy these songs are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their 2nd album is way better. This one is very lame...

Mike said...

This was a great post! Glad you are digging the album. Some of the songs on this thing are straight up amazing.

Unknown said...

Still Prefer the second one. Critch