Saturday 5 December 2015

That Time Of Year

At the start of the year I decided to make a conscious effort to reduce the size of my want list. To be honest, it hasn't gone too well. I don't feel that I have really crossed too many things off. I certainly haven't made any significant impact. But I have crossed a couple of longstanding items from the list, and here's one that I've been wanting for a long time...

Rain 'La Vache Qui Rit' 12" on Peterbilt Records. I'm not exactly sure how many copies were made, but this has always seemed rare to me, especially one in good condition. This band were from DC in the Revolution Summer era, slightly after Embrace, and this record features one of the earliest examples of a sleeve made from a manilla envelope.

There's no lyric sheet. The only insert is a postcard size piece of card with some names on. I included it in both photos as it somehow helped the camera capture the colour/light.

This band sounds very reminiscent of Rites of Spring, One Last Wish and Embrace. These six songs are really good and make me wonder what could have happened if they had gone on to do more. Even though this record is a tough find, the songs themselves are easy to get as Dischord released this on CD back in 2007. If you've not heard this before then it's worth a few minutes of your time.

2 comments:

Nico said...

Looks crispy new. I heard something like a thousand copies of every release.
Can't decide if I like Deadline more or this one. One Last Wish is third for sure. The cd version of Rain is also hard to find nowadays.

chris said...

I only have this on cd and seeing this makes me want to hunt one down on vinyl.