Wednesday 17 August 2016

Purple Fudge

So when I spotted the Seaweed 7" for sale on eBay I couldn't help but do a quick search for 'Sub Pop' to see if there was anything else up for sale at that exact moment which seemed interesting. I guess I just prefer picking up whatever is there rather than waiting and targetting my spend at things I actually want. Haha! So anyway, I spotted a couple of copies of Mudhoney's 'Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge' LP. I've seen several colours of this record in the past and often thought about trying to build a collection, so when I saw a couple up for a good price I figured now was the time to start. I bid on two copies but got outbid on one, leaving me with this purple vinyl copy:

Back in the '92 this was one of the first records I bought. I had a picture disc copy that I buoght from the big HMV in Southend on Sea. I actually sold that copy years ago, and then a few years later re-bought a copy on some maroon type colour which I still have. So this purple copy here is the third copy of this LP that I have bought in 24 years.

Mudhoney were one of the first bands I became obsessed by. But I've never had more than one copy of any of their records. Some of them are quite expensive these days, so I guess I should have done this sooner. But since I won this I've been watching a couple more copies so there may be more Mudhoney posts to come in the near future...

No comments: