Monday 23 January 2017

True Vision

At the weekend just gone, Violent Reaction played their last ever show. After having their first LP released by Painkiller, and the second by Revelation, the band achieved a hell of a lot in a relatively short space of time. But as with all good things, they come to an end. But as has always been the case in the world of hardcore, instead of mourning their demise, we just look to the future and get excited about what new bands and music will speew forth from their ashes.

True Vision is a band that features at Tom from Violent Reaction. It may feature other members of violent reaction too, but I don't really know who any of them are because I'm old and out of touch, so I can't tell for sure. Anyway, members aside, this band plays a different style of hardcore. Musically, this really reminds me of Youth Of Today, although the vocals remind me more of something else (although I can't put my finger on what, or who).

This was released by the fine folks at Quality Control HQ, which has really churned out some great stuff over the last few years. They put this one out on blue vinyl in a blue cover, and black vinyl in a red cover. I figured I could live without the black vinyl copy and that one copy would suffice for me.

Well, that was until I realised that Painkiller in the States have also put this out on gold vinyl. So I had to cave in and pick up one of those two.

Anyway, forget colours and covers and whatnot, this record is good stuff. Five songs in seven minutes. When you can somehow make short, fast, hard blasts catchy tunes, you know you have a recipe for success. I'm already excited about a full length...

No comments: