Monday 6 February 2017

Hole

A few short years ago I decided to start collecting colour vinyl Black Flag 7"s. This was pretty much when I had completed (as far as possible) a collection of colour vinyl Black Flag LPs. I figured this 7" journey would take a while, which isn't a problem as I learnt to have patience years ago. So I sat back and started slowly scooping them up, one by one. Anyway, I thought I was getting pretty close to a complete colour 7" collection when I realised that there were two different red vinyl copies of 'Nervous Breakdown'. And finally I've managed to track down the one I was missing.

So what's the difference between this new one and the one I already had? Well, rather than explain, I thought we could play a game of 'spot the difference'. First up, the front (new record at the top):

And secondly, the back (again, new record at the top):

I had the exact same issue with two red vinyl copies of the 'Louie Louie' 7" - one with large hole, and one with small hole. You'll have to trust me on this, but it's an odd moment when you realise that you've crossed a line between collecting records and collecting different sized holes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the large hole red one. I thought they were all like that!

geoff said...

there are going to be a dozen record collects reading this and getting really annoyed. ...because they too will have to find the other one now.

Nico said...

Family picture?

itallcomesdowntothis said...

I'll second Nico's motion!

geoff said...

i will third the notion. family photos are the best as long its not actually your real family. i only care about records.

mcs said...

Thanks guys. I've been trying to avoid a family photo until I'd managed to collect the whole set. I'm pretty sure there's only one more 7" I need to be in that position, although it seems uber rare so it could take a while.

Nico said...

Which one?

http://blackflagnervousbreakdown.blogspot.nl/2014/05/black-flag-nervous-breakdown-early.html

mcs said...

None of those. I'm collecting only colour vinyl Black Flag 7"s. In that pic are 4 colours of the 'Nervous Breakdown' 7"s and I have all of them. The one colour Black Flag 7" I am missing is a clear blue 'Six Pack' 7".