Tuesday 19 September 2017

Krimewatch

So last year Lockin' Out released the Krimewatch demo on vinyl. Because I am old and out of touch, I had no idea who they were. As with a lot of new bands, it seemed like everyone else had heard of them and there was a huge appetite for their record, as it sold out before I could even google their name in an attempt to figure out who they were.

So when a UK label, Static Shock Records, pressed up their own version, I was quick to jump in and grab one of the limited blue vinyl copies before it also sold out.

For those of you not in the know, Krimewatch are a band out of New York with a female vocalist who sings in both Japanese and English. They play short blasts of punk rock. Seems like a bit of an odd release for Lockin' Out to have put out, but hey, what do I know? It's not 2003 anymore. Things have changed.

I have to say, I usually get into the current hype bands. I have a tactic of not paying too much attention to a band until every man and his dog is into it, then I'll probably decide to give it a go, and inevitably realise what all the fuss is about. Krimewatch, on the other hand, I'm not getting quite yet. Maybe I need to give it more time? We shall see. But one thing's for sure - their logo is cool as hell.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I loved that pink vinyl pressing that everyone was posting a while back, and decided to see what the fuss was all about based on that colored vinyl alone. Nope...I don't understand the hype. This old man is sitting this one out.