Monday 22 December 2008

Integrity Septic Death Karaoke

Integrity are one of the best bands of all time. That's not open to debate. A lot of people already know this, and some of their records are quite sought after. However, I have noticed that the eBay value of the Septic Death Karaoke 7" seems to yo-yo up and down like no other. I got one of these from Dwid years ago in a trade, but a couple of years ago discovered the that the sleeve was damaged, so I turned to eBay to find a replacement. I was surprised to pick one up for about $20. The next week the same seller listed another, but it went for three times what I paid the week before. Then a few weeks ago I was surfing eBay, and spotted another for sale. The reason I wanted a second copy was that it had a blue sleeve, which I had never seen before:

Even better, I got what I like to refer to as the "James Bond Edition":

Better still, it was only $24, which I consider to be a bargain. I have no idea how many copies exist with a blue sleeve. [EDIT - I contacted Dwid & he told me that the first ten have a blue sleeve]. All previous copies I have seen have the standard white sleeve. Here are my two side by side:

And for no other reason than I like taking photos of records, here's my other copy, which also has a "cool" number:

Only 98 copies to go and then I'll have the full set!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I collect records and have been on and off for 23 years but the fact that if your cover is slightly damage I.e. a tear or rip I actually don't know the severity of damage but the fact you have to get another record to swap out....OCD