Thursday 25 December 2008

Samiam - I Am 7"

This was a nice one to get just in time for xmas - the Samiam 'I Am' 7", first press (denoted by purple sleeve, all subsequent pressings have a brown sleeve) on colour vinyl. This record has been on my want list for as long as I can remember. I published my want list in my first zine back in 1996, and I checked it & this record was on there. It was probably on my want list prior to doing the zine too, but I don't have any copies of my want list from then. So a definite 12 year wait for this one, although most likely 13 or 14 years I would say. The only down-side is that I have only previously seen this one on clear vinyl, whereas the one I picked up is on clear green. Which means that, technically, I still don't have the one on my want list. Bummer.

For anyone who doesn't know, Lookout Records first pressings are denoted by the orignal address of Laytonville, prior to the label's move to Berkeley:

I haven't listened to this band in a long time, but this 7" serves as a good reminder as to how good they were.

1 comment:

mel said...

i still have it on clear and would trade, lyric sheet with it too