Monday 22 December 2008

Walpurgisnacht

It's not often that a record excites me these days. It's even rarer that I literally cannot wait to get it on the turntable. But here's a rare exception - a new Integrity 7" that was released by A389 Records sometime in the not too distant past. It's taken me a while to get around to picking this up, but it does not disappoint. I was worried about what an Integrity record in 2008 would sound like... but the answer is that it's pretty similar to an Integrity record that came out in 1995. Which is obviously a good thing.

I missed the pre-orders on this and then just didn't bother trying to order it, figuring that it would be all sold out. Then last week I found myself at the A389 webstore and discovered that they had some still in stock. Better still, there was a "new" colour that they had "found" recently, which the label refer to as Green Trash vinyl. The website says "Among the 1000 grey copies we sorted out approx 100 that were a greenish color"... although to me it looks more yellow than green. I also picked up the red vinyl, of which there were 300 copies (100 of which came with a Voodoo doll, which I need badly), and the grey vinyl which is out of 1000.

Apparently there are also some on white. I needs to get me one of those too. And the label site says a second press is coming soon. So I have a feeling I'm going to be buying more copies of this one at some point...

No comments: